Branson, Missouri, is an excellent choice if you're looking for a fun family vacation spot. With its theme parks, museums, and outdoor activities, there is something for everyone in the family to enjoy. In this ultimate guide, we'll cover all the best things to do and places to visit in Branson, Missouri, for families with kids.
Getting to Branson, Missouri
Branson is located in southwestern Missouri, about four hours from Kansas City and two hours from Springfield. If you're traveling by air, the closest airport is the Springfield-Branson National Airport, which is about 45 minutes away from Branson. Another option is the Branson Airport, just 10 minutes from the city.
Best Time to Visit Branson with Kids
The best time to visit Branson with kids is during the summer when the weather is warm and plenty of outdoor activities are available. However, if you prefer to avoid crowds, consider visiting during the spring or fall months. The winter months can also be a great time to visit, as many attractions offer special holiday-themed events.
Accommodations for Families in Branson
Branson offers many family accommodation options, from hotels and resorts to cabins and vacation rentals. Some of the most family-friendly options include:
- Grand Country Resort
- Welk Resorts Branson Hotel
- Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing
- Big Cedar Lodge
- Stonebridge Resort
Family-Friendly Attractions in Branson
Silver Dollar City
Silver Dollar City is a theme park that offers rides, shows, and attractions for all ages. Some popular rides include the Outlaw Run roller, Time Traveler, and the Wildfire roller coaster. The park also features live shows, including a 30-minute musical comedy called "Rhinestone Rendezvous."
Titanic Museum Attraction
The Titanic Museum Attraction is a unique museum that tells the story of the Titanic through interactive exhibits and artifacts. The museum features a replica of the grand staircase, a collection of recovered artifacts, and even a chance to touch an iceberg.
White Water Branson
White Water Branson is a water park that features a variety of water rides and attractions, including the KaPau Plummet, a 240-foot-long slide that drops riders from a height of 26 feet.
The Track Family Fun Parks
The Track Family Fun Parks is an amusement park that offers go-karts, bumper boats, mini-golf, and more. One of the most popular attractions is the Heavy Metal High Rise, a go-kart track with a spiral that takes riders up to 4 stories high.
Hills Adventure Park
The Shepherd of the Hills Adventure Park is an outdoor park that offers a variety of activities, including a ropes course, zip line, and mountain coaster. One of the most popular attractions is the Vigilante Extreme ZipRider, a zip line that reaches up to 50 miles per hour.
Branson Ferris Wheel
The Branson Ferris Wheel is a 150-foot-tall Ferris wheel that offers fantastic city views. Each enclosed gondola can hold up to six passengers, making it an excellent family activity.
Fritz's Adventure is an indoor adventure park that features a variety of climbing structures, tunnels, and slides. There is also a giant wind tunnel where visitors can experience the sensation of skydiving.
Dolly Parton's Stampede Dinner Attraction
Dolly Parton's Stampede Dinner Attraction is a dinner show that features a variety of entertainment, including horseback riding stunts, live music, and special effects. The meal is a four-course feast with a whole rotisserie chicken, hickory-smoked barbecue pork loin, and more.
Outdoor Activities for Families in Branson
Table Rock Lake
Table Rock Lake is a popular swimming, boating, and fishing destination. There are also several marinas where you can rent boats and jet skis.
Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery
The Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery is a great place to learn about fish and the environment. Visitors can take a tour of the hatchery and even feed the fish.
Moonshine Beach is a great place to relax and enjoy the sun. The beach features a swimming area, picnic tables, and a playground.
Branson Landing Fountains
The Branson Landing Fountains are a popular attraction for families. The fountains put on a show every hour, with water shooting up to 120 feet in the air.
Showboat Branson Belle
The Showboat Branson Belle is a dinner cruise with live entertainment and a three-course meal. The boat cruises around Table Rock Lake, providing stunning views of the surrounding area.
The Branson Scenic Railway
The Branson Scenic Railway is a train ride that takes visitors to the Ozark Mountains. The train offers both standard and first-class seating options.
Dining Options for Families in Branson
Branson has various family dining options, from casual fast food to fine dining. Some of the most family-friendly restaurants include:
- Farmhouse Restaurant
- Billy Bob's Dairyland
- Mel's Hard Luck Diner
- McFarlain's Family Restaurant
- Pasghetti's Italian Restaurant
Shopping in Branson with Kids
Branson offers a variety of shopping options for families, including outlet malls and souvenir shops. Some of the most popular places to shop include:
- Tanger Outlets
- Branson Landing
- Dick's 5 & 10
- The Grand Village Shops
Branson, Missouri, is an excellent destination for families with kids. With its wide variety of family-friendly attractions, outdoor activities, and dining options, there is something for everyone to enjoy. We hope this ultimate guide has helped you plan your next family vacation to Branson.
What is the best time of year to visit Branson with the kids?
- The best time to visit Branson with kids is during the summer when the weather is warm and plenty of outdoor activities are available.
What are the most family-friendly attractions in Branson?
- Branson's most family-friendly attractions include Silver Dollar City, Titanic Museum Attraction, White Water Branson, The Track Family Fun Parks, Shepherd of the Hills Adventure Park, Branson Ferris Wheel, Fritz's Adventure, and Dolly Parton's Stampede Dinner Attraction.
What outdoor activities can families do in Branson?
- Families can enjoy swimming, boating, and fishing at Table Rock Lake, visit the Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery, relax at Moonshine Beach, watch the Branson Landing Fountains, take a dinner cruise on the Showboat Branson Belle, or go on a scenic train ride with the Branson Scenic Railway.
Where can families stay in Branson?
- Branson offers many family accommodation options, including hotels, resorts, cabins, and vacation rentals. Some family-friendly options include Grand Country Resort, Welk Resorts Branson Hotel, Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing, Big Cedar Lodge, and Stonebridge Resort.
What dining options are available for families in Branson?
- Branson has various family dining options, including casual fast food and fine dining. Some family-friendly restaurants include Farmhouse Restaurant, Billy Bob's Dairyland, Mel's Hard Luck Diner, McFarlain's Family Restaurant, and Pasghetti's Italian Restaurant.
Can families go shopping in Branson?
- Yes, Branson offers a variety of shopping options for families, including outlet malls and souvenir shops. Popular places to shop include Tanger Outlets, Branson Landing, Dick's 5 & 10, and The Grand Village Shops.
What airport is closest to Branson?
- The closest airport to Branson is the Springfield-Branson National Airport, which is about 45 minutes away. Another option is the Branson Airport, just 10 minutes from the city.
Is Branson a safe place for families?
- Yes, Branson is generally a safe place for families. However, as with any tourist destination, it's vital to take basic safety precautions, such as staying aware of your surroundings and keeping an eye on your belongings.
What are some free things to do in Branson with kids?
- Some free things to do in Branson with kids include exploring the Ozark Mountains, visiting the Branson Landing Fountains, hiking in the Ruth and Paul Henning Conservation Area, and attending the free concert series at the Branson Landing.
How long should a family vacation in Branson be?
- The length of a family vacation in Branson will depend on how many activities you want to do and how much time you have. However, a week is a reasonable amount of time to fully explore all that Branson has to offer.